Best Corn Muffins - EVER!

Thursday night Hubby made his awesome Emeril's chili. Yum! Like I usually do, I made my famous corn bread. Actually, I can't really claim the recipe. The recipe I use is Kenny Roger's Roasters Corn Bread Muffins with one adjustment. Remember Kenny Rogers Roasters? We used to have one in Roanoke at Towers that we would go to occasionally for lunch. These muffins are in a class of their own, with chunks of corn and a sweetness that is a perfect counterpart to the spiciness of the chili. Every time I make these, I get tons of complements and they are gobbled up in moments.

Best Corn Muffins - Ever!

1/2 cup of butter
2/3 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of honey
2 eggs
1/2 tsp of salt
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup of milk (I use 1%)
1 1/4 cups of frozen yellow corn (the original recipe calls for 3/4 of a cup)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cream together butter, sugar, honey and eggs in a large bowl. Then add the salt, flour, cornmeal and baking powder. Add the milk slowly while mixing in the dry ingredients.

Add corn to mixture and combine by hand until the corn is worked in.

Grease a 12 cup muffin pan and fill evenly.

Bake for 20-25 minutes until edges become golden brown.

Enjoy!

Comments