Caramel Pecan Pie


This pie is to die for!!! I love pecan pie. Any kind. And I have tried many. This is probably the best I have ever tasted though (even when considering those that I have had at great restaurants). I have made this the past 3 years for Thanksgiving and decided to do so again this year because it is always such a hit! This is a Southern Living recipe that I got out of the November 2005 issue when it came out.

Caramel Pecan Pie

Pie crust(I used gluten free for Dad)
28 caramels
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted


Bake pie crust at 400° for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned; cool on wire rack.

Combine caramels, butter, and 1/4 cup water in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until caramels and butter are melted; remove from heat.

Stir together sugar and next 3 ingredients. Stir into caramel mixture until thoroughly combined. Stir in pecans. Pour into prepared crust.

Bake pie at 400° for 10 minutes.

Reduce heat to 350°, and bake 20 more minutes, shielding edges of crust with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.

Remove pie to a wire rack to cool.

Comments