Broccoli Grape Salad

I got this recipe from my mama. I don't have a clue where she got it from. This is a super simple recipe that I like to make occasionally. It's a great salad for tailgating, it's also a great dish for potlucks. Mama's original recipe is "full fat", but I have tried to put a lighter spin on it that really does not alter the flavor.

Broccoli Grape Salad

2 cups of fresh broccoli, chopped
2 cups of red grapes, halved or quartered
1/2 cup Splenda
8 slices of turkey bacon, cooked & crumbled
2 ribs of celery, sliced
3/4 cup of olive oil mayo
1 (2 oz) pkg slivered or sliced almonds
1 tsp white vinegar

Combine all ingredients except for the bacon and almonds. Chill for at least 3 hours (the longer it chills, the better). Add in the bacon and almonds right before serving.

Comments