Rosemary Chicken


Okay, so I love rosemary. Love it. Heck, I even just had a Lemonade Vodka Spritzer with Rosemary Infused Simple Syrup when Hubby & I were at the beach last weekend.

I actually pulled this recipe off the back of one of my many packages of fresh rosemary. The recipe calls for marinating the chicken anywhere from 2 hours to overnight. I marinated the chicken for about 6 hours.

The flavor of the chicken was good, not great but good. Unfortunately, I definitely overcooked it. I had other pans on the stove that I was tending to, and we had guests over... The original plan was for Hubby to grill it. However the torrential down pour kind of put a nix on that, so that meant baking. When Hubby and I have people over, it usually works out that he takes care of the entree and I do all of the appetizers, sides and desserts. I think we need to go back to that :)

I mean, the chicken wasn't so dry that it was inedible, but dry/overcooked foods are my huge pet peeve. I like my meat to be moist and juicy. Not really the case here. We also usually like to soak our poultry in milk or a brine the night before using it, which we didn't do this time either.

Rosemary Chicken

3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves (no stems), finely chopped
4 chicken breasts

Combine first four ingredients and pour over chicken. Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Grill or bake chicken until the juices of the chicken run clear when pricked with a fork.

Comments