Red Curry Shrimp Skewers

This couldn't be simpler, and is a great alternative to standard shrimp cocktail. I wanted something that would let us take shrimp from an appetizer to an entree. Myself, I could eat shrimp for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the rest of my life and die a happy man, just steam them with beer and give me some Old Bay and butter, but The Wife needs a little more.

I still had the red and green curry from the Christmas Curry Chicken Soup last month and wanted something spicy for the shrimp. I ended up pulling together things from my pantry to make this easy marinade. I mixed the marinade and then tossed the shrimp in it and let them sit for about 30-45 minutes then did them under the broiler.

Ingredients:
Shrimp
2 Tablespoons Red Curry Paste
1 Tablespoon of Honey
1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
1 Teaspoon of Soy Sauce
1 Teaspoon of Curry Powder
1Tablespoon Olive Oil

Directions:

Whisk everything but shrimp together in a large bowl. Add shrimp and combine with your hands to get even coverage.

Let shrimp marinade for 30 minutes.

Skewer shrimp and broil for 90 seconds on each side or until shrimp are pink and cooked through.

Comments