Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings

I had been wanting to make some chicken wings for a few days, but I just couldn't bring myself to deep fry them. Hubby had already made Alton Brown's steamed version, so I wanted to try something new.

I searched around a little bit and came across this wing recipe on Steamy Kitchen.  Though not a typical buffalo wing, I was hooked with the combination of parmesan, basil and garlic. Of course I've had these flavor combos before, but not on wings.


This was an easy, straightforward recipe to follow. Except for the fact that apparently, I didn't read through the directions carefully enough and bought fresh shredded parmesan instead of simple grated parmesan. Oops. So I this definitely made a difference in the coating of the wings.

Regardless, these were really good wings. I actually left them in at 425 degrees for the full 25 minutes and then turned the oven up to broil for a minute or two to crisp up the skin more. I'd say that was my only issue with these, they weren't quite as crispy as I'd like - but again, we are talking about baked wings, not deep fried wings. The flavor of these was fantastic and a fun change from the typical spicy wings Hubby & I eat.

Also, I made my own blue cheese dressing to mix up with the dijon as the recipe calls for. I'll share that delicious recipe in the next few days.

Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings
Recipe by: PizzAmore - via Steamy Kitchen

1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp kosher or sea salt
2 1/2 lbs chicken wings
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or melted butter)
2 tbsp minced fresh basil
2 garlic cloves, freshly minced
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1 cup blue cheese dressing
1 -2 tsp dijon mustard (to taste)

Preheat oven to 425F. In a small bowl, mix together the oregano, rosemary, cumin and salt. Lay the chicken wings on a baking sheet and season the chicken wings with this mixture.


Bake the chicken wings for 20-25 minutes. While the chicken is baking, mix together the oil, fresh basil, garlic, parmesan cheese and seasoning salt.

In a separate bowl, mix together the blue cheese dressing with the mustard (this is your dipping sauce)

When the chicken is cooked through, toss the wings with the garlic/cheese/butter sauce. Serve with the blue cheese/mustard dressing.

Comments