Roy's Hawaiian Martini

I don't know about ya'll but it's beyond hard for me to believe that it is almost the end of August and summer is coming to an end. The summer for us has been jam packed, as evidenced by our spotty posting.  We are finally back in town for awhile and have been enjoying being back in the kitchen and cooking out.

Not traveling allows us to entertain - which we LOVE to do! Yes, the majority of our focus when we entertain is food, but we also put a lot of thought into the beverages we serve. We tend to go with wine, since I find wine easier for me to pair with foods than beer or liquor.

The other night we had some friends over and did a tropical themed menu (The Husband will be posting those recipes soon!).  I knew these martinis would be a perfect addition. 

This recipe comes from Roy's, which my mother-in-law sent me after she and my father-in-law visited one in Florida. I've made them a few times and everyone always raves about them! You have to be careful with these though! They're wonderful and smooth - perhaps a little too smooth, so keep in mind that these are very strong.  Also, keep in mind, those delicious little pieces of pineapple have been soaking up liquor for a week!

Quick note - I think the simple syrup in this recipe should be optional. When I do add it, I make mine using Splenda. If you've never made a simple syrup, The Hungry Mouse has a great picture tutorial here

Roy's Hawaiian Martini

1 ripe pineapple (I usually by one at the store that has been cored and I just slice it into pieces)
2 cups of vodka
1 cup coconut rum
1 cup vanilla vodka
2 oz. simple syrup (optional)

Place one inch slices of pineapple into a one gallon container. In separate container, combine vodka,
coconut rum, vanilla vodka and simple syrup.  Pour liquid over pineapple. Cover tightly.

Let stand at room temperature for at least 5 days (infusion process gives beverage hint of pineapple taste).

When ready to serve, for each drink, fill martini shaker with ice, pour 4 oz. of Hawaiian Martini mix, shake aggressively. Strain into chilled martini glass and garnish with a wedge of pineapple

This recipe will make 6 martinis. If you make double or triple batches, just keep it in the fridge. FYI - the pineapple will turn white, but it is still good.

Comments