Black Bean Pinwheels

This evening I made these for Hubby & I to have as a snack over the next few days. I have made these several times & have adapted the original recipe (from Kraft Foods website) each time. I finally have a recipe that I really love and is fairly healthy.

My recipe:
4 oz of neufchatel (reduced fat cream cheese), softened
1/2 cup of Monterrey jack cheese with jalapenos (shredded)
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1/4 tsp minced onion
several dashes of cayenne pepper
several dashes of cumin
a sprinkling of salt
1 can of black beans, rinsed & drained
sliced jalapenos (amount varies depending upon heat tolerance)
3 large or 4 medium tortillas (I use whole wheat)

Mix the cream cheese, Monterrey jack, sour cream, onion, cayenne pepper, cumin and salt well.

Put the beans and jalapenos in the food processor. Process till they the mixture is mostly smooth. Spread bean mixture evenly on tortillas. Then spread cheese mixture evenly over the bean mixture. Roll tortillas up tightly. Wrap each individually with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Unwrap tortillas & cut ends off. Cut each roll-up into slices (size depends on preference). Serve by themselves or with salsa.

Enjoy!!

Comments