Crockpot Chicken Supreme

I made this yesterday morning for last night's dinner. Ahh..the joys of having a crockpot. This literally took not not even 10 minutes to put together and was ready when we got home from work. I love walking in the door and neither Hubby nor I having to worry about making dinner. This is really easy and is a great warm dish for a winter night. I just put this simple dish together based on ingredients that work well together. I served this on rice. The slow cooking makes the chicken extremely moist and tender (no knife needed!).

Crockpot Chicken Supreme

1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 normal size can of condensed cream of chicken soup (I used 98% fat free)
1 onion
5 -6 slices of thick cut bacon
several splashes of half and half (milk would also work just fine)
1 small can of mushroom pieces
1/3 cup shredded cheese (I used 2% milk cheddar)
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste

Slice onions and separate pieces arranging them in the bottom of the crockpot. Place chicken breasts on top of the onion. Arrange bacon across the chicken breasts. Drop spoonfuls of the condensed soup over the chicken, using the whole can. Add several splashes of half & half. Season with salt, pepper & garlic powder. Cook on LOW for 8-9 hours. Sprinkle with shredded cheese 15 minutes before serving.

Comments