Crockpot Mexican Chicken

This is another simple recipe that I just came up with one morning last week and threw in my crockpot. I served this in a bowl over fat free refried beans, with a dollop of sour cream on top and tortilla chips to scoop it up. Next time I make this, I am going to try and find those small taco salad bowls and serve it in them. It was delicious and so quick and easy. Hubby also loved it!

Crockpot Mexican Chicken

1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken tenders
1 can of black beans (half of the liquid drained)
1 - 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
cumin
fajita seasoning
1 cup Mexican blend cheese (I used 2% milk blend)
salsa to cover (or picante)
sliced jalapenos
salt & pepper to taste

Coat bottom of crockpot with cooking spray. Pour beans into the bottom of the crockpot. Then sprinkle evenly with the corn.

Next place the chicken evenly throughout the crockpot. Season with cumin, fajita seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.

Scatter jalapenos on chicken. Cover lightly with salsa.

Cook on LOW for 7-8 hours. About 1 hour before serving, shred the chicken with a fork. About 30 minutes before serving mix in the cheese.

Comments