Avocado Hummus

Oh, Pinterest.  If I didn't have an on-the-move 7 month old that consumes my day, that site very well might. Not only am I passionate about food - I love all things holiday, home decor, kids and fashion.  In other words, this site is bad news for me! :)

I found this dip that falls somewhere between guacamole and hummus on Pinterest and knew right away that I wanted to try this. We love both and this definitely did not disappoint.

This recipe is originally from the blog Annie Bakes.  This hummus is rich and delicious.  One of the best that I have made.  It is also a lot creamier than most, which I loved.  The lemon juice keeps it bright and the paprika gives it a kick.

The Husband and I devoured this! It's perfect with any kind of dipper. We tried pita chips, tortilla chips, bell pepper strips and even cucumbers. 

Next time, I think I am going to add in some fresh chopped cilantro and jalapenos.  This is definitely a great recipe that can be played with to suit different palates.

Avocado Hummus

1 can chickpeas-drained
2 avocados- sliced up
1 lemon-juiced
3-4 teaspoons minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup water

Place all of the ingredients in a food processor except for the olive oil. Pulse until blended, then start drizzling in the olive oil until it gets to the right consistency. Blend until smooth and serve with pita chips.

Comments

  1. I have used this recipe numerous times and it's always a huge hit! Delicious!! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. made it without the oil and it was still so good and good consitancy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment