Whole-Grain Greek Salad

Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people that loves to work out. So I need Pandora and at least a magazine or two to get me through my hour on the treadmill.

This past week I ran across a recipe for this delicious looking Quinoa salad in a section with healthy recipes to change up your diet. I think it was Fitness magazine, not positive though. When my workout came to an end I snapped a quick pic of the recipe from the page I had bookmarked. Not even 48 hours later, I quickly whipped this up for lunch.

Not only was this super easy to make - and it came together very quickly, it was also fantastic. It was bright, and tangy from the feta. It was filling and I couldn't put my fork down! This salad also looks beautiful with all the different colors.

While this salad is billed as a lunch dish, it would also be excellent as a side to any kind of grilled protein. I also think this would make a great potluck item or healthy tailgating side.

A couple of notes: 
- This is about 1 large lunch portion, if this is all you are going to have. If you were making this as a side dish, I'd say you'd get about 2 maybe 3, at most servings from this.
- You can easily double, triple, quadruple this recipe.
- Adding chopped grilled chicken or shrimp would be yummy!
- The original recipe calls for 1 tsp each of the oil and vinegar. I misread this and only realized my mistake looking back. However, I believe this would cause the salad to be way too dry.


Whole-Grain Greek Salad

1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup chickpeas
1 tbsp of champagne or white wine vinegar
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cucumber, chopped (not peeled)
1/4 cup of chopped feta

Gently combine all ingredients. Serve at room temperature, or slightly chilled.

Comments