S'mores Cookies

Wow! These are great comfort food. If you loved s'mores as a child (like I did) you will think you've died and gone to heaven with these.

I found this recipe on a food blog, Cookie Madness. It's a pretty easy recipe but kind of high maintenance - in that you can't put them in the oven and just be done with them. I will definitely make these again - probably soon!

S’Mores Cookies

3/4 cup butter — softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate (I used 1 3/4 cups)
1 cup of mini marshmallows
2 Hershey Bars, broken into pieces (I bought 2, but only ended up using 1)
 
Beat together margarine and sugars until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Add combined flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and (if using) other stuff.
Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets about 3 inches apart.
Bake in pre-heated oven 375 degrees for 8 minutes (I found 7 minutes worked better in my oven). Remove and quickly press marshmallows and chocolate into cookies. Return to oven and cook until done (about 3 or 4 more minutes)
Makes about 3 dozen (I ended up with about 2 dozen)

Comments