Apple Spice Cake


Hubby's parents are in town, so last night I wanted to make a dessert to go with the chicken parmesan and carbonara, and with it being so cold outside I wanted something kind of rustic and homey. I've had this recipe from my mama for forever. I think a friend of hers gave this to her - so no idea the original. This is a great fall/wintery dessert recipe. It's very easy and simple. Not one of those time consuming frou frou recipes - and the presentation from the tube pan is lovely.

Apple Spice Cake

2 sticks of butter, melted
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
3 cups chopped apples (3 large apples)
1 cup chopped walnuts

Glaze:
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
3 tbsp milk (I used 1%)
1 tbsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.


Spray a 10 inch tube pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Combine butter, oil and eggs until thick. Beat in vanilla, cinnamon, flour, baking soda and salt. Fold in apples and walnuts.

Bake 40-50 minutes.

Bring the glaze ingredients to a boil in a sauce pan, mixing well. Cool. Pour over cake.

Comments