Almost Ellie Kreiger's Balsamic Chicken with Spinach and Tomatoes

This is an easy, super healthy meal that takes almost no time, but yields big flavor. I made a few changes to this Ellie Kreiger recipe - I added the onion, and used Roma tomatoes instead of canned.

Sorry no pictures.


Ingredients:
Olive Oil
1Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 Medium Onion
Chicken Breasts, sliced thin - almost like cutlets
8 Ounces Leafy Spinach
1/3 Cup Chicken Broth
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 Roma Tomatoes Diced


Directions:
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until onions turn translucent. Brown chicken in onion/garlic mixture on each side, until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.


Add Spinach and cook until just wilted, then remove from pan and set aside.


Add chicken broth and balsamic vinegar to deglaze the pan, and add tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.


Serve over couscous, with tomatoes on top of chicken on top of spinach on top of couscous.


I also tossed some fat free feta cheese in with the spinach when I set it aside.

Comments

  1. I really like your blog! This recipe caught my interest, but after making it tonite, it was just okay. I am going to try the black bean soup recipe next.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment