Strawberry Brie Almond Salad

Back around the end of last year, Hubby & I had over some of his family. My sister-in-law brought over this amazing salad that everyone fell in love with.  I mean, how could you not love strawberries, sugared almonds and brie???? This is the kind of salad that even people (and kids) that don't like salads, like.

I had been thinking for awhile that I should ask her for the recipe and when I realized how perfect this salad would be for Easter, I knew I had to get it from her.


Like when my sister-in-law served it, this was inhaled by my family. Everyone raved about this salad. Even the "manly" men!

The brie and strawberries pair perfectly together. The crunch sugared almonds give the salad yet another texture and dimension.  The poppy seed vinaigrette is slightly sweet with a bright tang that ties it all together.

Though I made this as a starter/side for our Easter supper, this could easily be made into a main course salad with the addition of grilled shrimp or chicken - my stomach is rumbling just thinking about it!

Strawberry Brie Almond Salad

2 bags of romaine lettuce
1- 8 oz. Brie cut in bite size pieces
2 pints of sliced strawberries

Dressing

1/2 cup veg. oil
1/2 cups of sugar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
1 tsp. dried mustard
1/4 tsp minced onion

Sugared Almonds

1 1/2 cup sliced almonds
3/4 cup sugar

Combine the dressing ingredients in a jar. Shake well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Mix sugar & almonds in medium sauce pan. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until sugar is melted. Stir constantly. Cook 2 or 3 minutes until almonds are golden brown then spread on a piece of wax paper. Break until into pieces when cool.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss. Pour dressing on top of the salad and gently toss.

Comments

  1. This looks fabulous. We're having people over next weekend...this will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment