Welcome to our website !

Tarragon Chicken Salad

By 7:23 AM , , , ,

I'm really funny about my chicken salad, very particular you could say. There are very few chicken salads that I can say I actually really like. But, I loooove the tarragon chicken salad from Christopher's RunAway Gourmay carts.

We had tarragon leftover from the Bistecca Con Salsa delle Erbe Hubby made awhile back and I wanted to use it up before it went bad. I found the basic recipe for this over at the blog Framed.  I made a few changes to lighten up the recipe and I also added grapes.

Not surprisingly the tarragon is delicious in this salad. I love how the tarragon works with the grapes.  The walnuts also give a wonderful crunch to this salad. The ratio of mayo and sour cream is right on.

I spooned the salad over half of one of those 100% whole wheat 100 calorie thin sandwich buns and it was perfect!

Tarragon Chicken Salad

2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded

1/4 cup light or fat free sour cream
1/4 cup olive oil mayo
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup red seedless grapes, chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon (or 1/2 tablespoons dried, if you must.)
Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste

Mix together sour cream and mayo. Add tarragon, walnuts & chicken. Mix well.  Gently mix in grapes. Season with salt and pepper.

You Might Also Like

0 comments