Lime Cilantro Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans

As I've recently discussed, I'm a big fan of sweet potatoes.  I also love black beans.  The two together? Why not? Sounds like a match made in heaven to me. So of course, when I found this recipe which was adapted from an Epicurious recipe, on the blog Beantown Baker, I knew I had to give it a whirl.


This turned out great! Extremely fresh and though simple, it was very flavorful.  Let's not forget this is very healthy!  Another added bonus - how easy and quick this was to make.

The only change I made to this recipe was adding 1 tsp of olive oil to the lime juice mixture.

Lime Cilantro Sweet Potatoes with Black Beans

3 tbsp olive oil (+1 tsp)
3 medium sweet potatoes
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
juice of 2 limes
zest of 1 lime
1 tsp salt, divided
pinch or two cayenne
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Preheat the oven to 450 and line 2 baking sheets with parchment or silpats.

Toss the diced sweet potatoes with oil and 1/2 tsp of salt and spread evenly on the prepared baking sheets.

Bake about 20 minutes (time will depend on the size of the sweet potato pieces), or until tender. Remove and let cool for about 5 minutes.

While the sweet potatoes are baking, whisk the lime zest, lime juice, remaining salt, and cayenne together in a large bowl. Add the black beans and sweet potatoes (after cooling slightly) and toss well. Sprinkle with cilantro, toss again, and serve.

Comments

  1. I've never tried the combination of sweet potatoes + lime but I am thinking that they sound like a match made in heaven! This dish looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment