Brownies

Who doesn't like brownies??? Brownies are one of those crowd pleasing desserts that most everyone, young and old, enjoy.  The question really comes down to preference. Do you prefer a cakey brownie? Or would you rather have a denser, fudge-like brownie?

Me? I'm hands down a rich, chewy, fudgey brownie girl. No questions. So when I ran across this recipe for brownies on Let's Dish, I knew I had to try it out.

These were super simple to make - almost as easy as cheating and using a box brownie mix. But, I promise the results are much, much better than anything that comes out of a box.

The brownies turned out wonderfully. They were sinfully rich and fudgey.  I did feel though, that I could've pulled them out a minute earlier (I pulled them out at 23 minutes, so if you have a hot oven, be careful to keep a close eye on them!) for an even better result.

Glen's Famous Brownies

3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
chocolate chips, walnuts, etc. (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan. Mix flour, cocoa, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Melt butter in a large saucepan and remove from heat. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Quickly whisk in eggs, one at a time. Add butter mixture to flour mixture; stir until well blended. Sprinkle with any desired toppings.  Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.

Comments