Green Bean, Walnut & Feta Salad

In the process of working on a weekly dinner menu a month or so ago, I stumbled across this recipe in Southern Living's "Ultimate Quick & Easy Cookbook".  While it didn't fit in with anything I was planning that week, I book marked this to make for a tailgate.

As the book's title promises, this was not only a winner in the flavor department - but was super easy and quick to make.

This salad makes the perfect side dish for a tailgate, barbecue or picnic. 

I love the variety of textures in this salad.  There is creaminess from the feta, crunch from the walnuts and crispness from the green beans and onions.  All of these meld together but at the same time keep this salad interesting. 

A couple of  quick notes:
- I used french cut green beans - I think they make for prettier presentation.
- I used closer to 6 ounces of feta cheese.  A little more cheese can never hurt, right?
- If you can, make the salad overnight or in the am if you are serving in the evening. The longer it sits, the more vinaigrette penetrates the green beans and onions.

Green Bean, Walnut & Feta Salad

2 (16 oz) packages frozen green beans
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
4 oz crumbled feta cheese
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, lightly toasted

Microwave green beans 10 minutes on HIGH in a microwave-safe container, stirring half way through.

Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil and next 5 ingredients.

Toss together the green beans, onion, cheese, walnuts & vinaigrette in a large bowl.

Chill at least 1 hour.  Toss right before serving.

Comments

  1. This was yummy! I’ve never made spaghetti squash before and I’m not sure if it’s supposed to me soft or not when it’s done. My squash was on the larger side so maybe I should have cooked it longer. Access the Dark Web Deep Web stories Deep Web Reddit Links Deep Web Browsers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment